This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our team in Pirates Cove as we expand our offering to the public with our new after-school childcare service.
The Childcare Manager will oversee and co-ordinate the efficient operation of our childcare service to the highest standards in line with Túsla and the Department of Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth requirements. You will be responsible for planning activities, ensuring the safety of all children in the service, serving pre/after-school snacks, interacting with children and their families, working independently as well as with a team, and creating an enriching, fun and safe environment.
We are looking for a Manager who enjoys working with school-aged children. This is a full time contract. We require a dedicated, enthusiastic, self-starter who is driven by the enjoyment and satisfaction gained from caring for children in an environment designed for the development of children where you can utilise your creative side and have fun while working.
We offer an after-school service each morning and afternoon for children from Junior Infants- 6th class. Our hours of operation in term time are Monday-Friday 7.30-9:30am and 1:30-6pm. Hours of operation out of term time will vary.
- To ensure high standards of care for all children in our service
- Effective daily management of the Childcare Service in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Service and any relevant legislation and good practice requirements
- Ensure high quality and best practice standards are maintained, revising policies and procedures as required
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children attending the Service
- Adhere to the Child Protection Policy of the Service and associated regulations and report any concerns
- Management, training, motivation and performance of all childcare staff
- Effective liaison with statutory bodies and agencies including representing the Service during Tusla and Pobal inspections
- Ensure all children are correctly registered and all relevant documentation is gathered
- Maintain all records necessary for compliance with DCEDIY programmes
- Ensure correct fees are being billed and paid
- Record all relevant information for the various programmes including Pobal and Tusla and ensure all data is complete and up to date on a timely basis whilst complying with GDPR
- Monitor day to day financial operations within the childcare service, manage budgets and maintain appropriate records
- Establish and maintain excellent administrative systems and ensure records of children are kept up to date
- Maintain strict confidentiality about children and/or their families
- Support staff in curriculum development & documenting the curriculum.
- Effectively market and promote the service and maintain/increase numbers of the following term/year
- Ensure all safety equipment is maintained and regularly serviced e.g Fire equipment etc
- Develop ongoing positive relationships with parents and work in partnership with them
- Ensure a good standard of hygiene across the service
- Ensure adequate stock of food, cleaning products and arts and crafts is in place
- Attend external meetings and undertake training as required
- Network with appropriate statutory and voluntary agencies
- Perform any other reasonable duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Childcare Manager/Supervisor role
- Hold minimum FETAC Level 6 (or recognised equivalent) in childcare qualification and must be verified by the DCEDIY. Level 7/8 will be an advantage
- Hold FETAC Level 5 in Occupational First Aid is an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory and practice requirements of a sessional After-school Service
- Kindness, warmth and responsiveness to the needs of children
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Excellent administrative, organisation and computer skills
- Excellent ability to communicate with children, staff, parents and Governing bodies
- Working knowledge of NCS and Core Funding
- Proven ability to delegate tasks
- Fair, respectful and reasonable approach to staff and parent issues
If selected for interview, candidates must provide 2 written references and copies of the requisite qualification certificates at time of interview.
Candidate details will be submitted for Garda Vetting.
Pirates Cove Childcare service is an equal opportunity employer.
- On-site parking
- Paid Continuous Professional Development
- Paid uniforms
- Hot dinner and afternoon snack provided
- Pension opportunities
- Social nights/team bonding nights
- Free Childcare
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st June 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com